A good Support Coordinator will work alongside the person and/or family to build their capacity to exercise choice and control and navigate their supports and services in pursuing their own individualised goals.
So, what are the traits that make a Support Coordinator great?
A great Support Coordinator will:
- Understand the importance of getting to know the person they’re working with
- Actively listen and walk alongside the person on their journey
- Innovate and think outside the box to find the solutions that work best
- Communicate clearly and regularly to ensure people feel empowered and heard
- Be reliable and responsive to help when they are needed
- Take the time to understand people and their needs
- Have expertise and strong local networks.
To learn more get in touch with Pillar Support Coordination on firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 08 6253 4700.